Baltimore Water Damage Repair
Nothing can devastate your home quite like flooding. When floodwaters or significant leaks strike, you need fast and effective water damage repair. The longer you wait to start addressing the issue, the more challenging and intensive the repair is going to be.
At Reynolds, we provide the expert water damage repair that you need to get your Baltimore home back to pre-loss condition. We offer the experience, knowledge, team and equipment needed to deliver the best possible results when you need flood damage restoration.
Baltimore Water and Flood Damage
Water seeping into your home is an uncontrolled force that scatters everywhere and leaves its mark. The longer it’s standing in your home, the more destructive is becomes.
Speed is essential as you seek to dry out your home and ensure that the damaging mold and mildew that can be so hazardous don’t have the opportunity to emerge. At Reynolds, we can provide the fast response required when you need flood damage restoration in Baltimore.
Taking action to deal with water and flood damage as soon as it happens is critical for several reasons. When you wait to call in a professional water damage repair contractor, you risk:
- Mold and mildew: Mold thrives in damp conditions — the longer you wait to pump out standing water and disinfect the affected areas, the more difficult it will be to prevent mold. Persistent mold and mildew leads to foul smells and can potentially cause respiratory and other health problems.
- Added damage: Mold isn’t the only consequence of a flooded property — water can also damage your furniture, appliances and carpeting. Caught early enough, damage to these items may be recoverable, but, if left too long, it will necessitate replacement. This drives up costs and makes it harder to return your property to pre-loss condition.
- Infrastructure issues: Carpeting and furniture are replaceable — but damage to your property’s foundation, drywall or structural components requires thorough repairs. The sooner we can begin the flood damage restoration process, the easier it will be to prevent a small job from becoming an expensive, involved process.
- Liability concerns: A flooded property is a safety hazard for many reasons — chief among them the risk of drowning, electrocution or slip-and-fall injuries it presents. If for whatever reason it’s not possible to proceed with a full repair immediately, Reynolds can take steps to secure your property and reduce your liability in the meantime.
- Insurance delays: Finally, the sooner we can get to your property, the more accurately we can photograph and document the damage. Things can change quickly following a flood — to reduce the likelihood of delays or other issues with your insurance claim, it’s helpful to capture the immediate impact and damage as soon as it occurs.
Following a flood, it’s natural to want to take time to process what happened. Hiring a contractor right away may seem like unnecessary added stress. However, for the reasons above and more, it’s worth it to make the call. And when you partner with Reynolds Restoration, we’ll do everything to make the process go smoothly from the initial inspection to the final cleanup.