Woodland Hills School District hired Reynolds to provide construction management in support of renovations to the 118,000-square-foot Woodland Hills Academy for K-7 students.
Built in 1919, this historical building fell into poor condition over the years and required extensive upgrades. There were code and accessibility concerns, some structural damage, inefficient windows and lighting, as well as outdated classrooms and administrative offices.
The project included the following:
- Conversion of an old swimming pool into auxiliary gym
- Demolition/reconstruction of the front entrance stairs
- Interior upgrades: new acoustical tiles, VCT floors, and new laminate casework
- Code improvements to interior railings, exterior corridor walls, sprinkler system, fire alarm, security, phone, tele-data, and intercom systems
- Handicap accessibility in classrooms and bathrooms, and ADA compliant auditorium seats
- High-efficiency lighting and controls, and lighting system replacement in theater
- New air handler units for gym, cafeteria, auditorium, and library
- Installation of new four-stop hydraulic elevator
- Building commissioning of mechanical equipment and automation system
Woodland Hills School District contracted with Reynolds to provide a roadmap for the district for accomplishing a significant backlog of deferred maintenance projects at eight district facilities.
Reynolds started by providing a comprehensive building condition assessment, which included a detailed analysis of all major building systems and equipment. Additionally, Reynolds provided an analysis of the district’s energy consumption and a benchmarking study.
In conjunction with the District’s architect of record, JC Pierce, llc, and district administration Reynolds developed a comprehensive list of 70 asset protection projects needed to keep the district buildings in good working order.
Solutions: Construction Management
Architect: Foreman Architect Engineers
Square Feet: 118,000 renovations
Construction Cost: $10.1 million
Project Cost: $11.9 million