River Valley Transit (RVT) hired Reynolds to perform preconstruction and construction services for two new transportation centers.
The Church Street Centre is 140,300 square feet of new construction. Located at 11 West Church Street, the newly constructed four-level building provides 350 parking spaces and houses Susquehanna Trailways, an intercity motor coach company.
The Trade and Transit Centre II project is a $9.5 million, 21,400-square-foot new office building for the parking authority. The space also houses a bus terminal waiting area, snack bar/newsstand, and bus driver’s lounge. Site work included the revitalization/streetscape of a city block, parking for 42 cars, and a bus loading/unloading zone. Reynolds also provided commissioning services for this project.
Other projects through RVT include:
- Sports Walk streetscape project: $2.5 million
- Williams Street streetscape project: $1.5 million
- Church Street streetscape and sewer line improvement: $390,000
- East End redevelopment project: $4.5 million
- Destination 2014 clock tower and landscape feature wall: $2.5 million
- Parking meter replacement at downtown parking lots: $125,000
- BB&T Ballpark at Historic Bowman Field roof replacement and painting, first base deck additions, and field improvements: $4.7 million
- Bases Loaded (Little League 75th Anniversary Memorial) Market Square project: $220,000
- Avail bus communication systems upgrades: $250,000
- Install parking lot “A” (leased through a private owner to RVT) $360,000
- Old Midtown parking deck demolition and installation of temporary parking lot “T” (RVT property) $390,000
- 3-year capital improvements project, various parking lot improvements: $330,000
- 3rd Street parking deck automated traffic control system upgrades: $220,000
- Church Street sewer line and street-scape improvement: $390,000
Solutions: Construction | Commissioning & Engineering
Architect: L. Robert Kimball Associates