The Juniata County School District selected Reynolds for a guaranteed energy savings project for the East Juniata High School, Juniata High School, and the Tuscarora Junior High School.
The board tasked Reynolds with making sure the buildings are ready to educate students for another 20 or more years. Reynolds developed a project for the district that included installing an energy-efficient geo-thermal HVAC system at both East Juniata and Juniata High Schools, converting from fuel oil to propane at Tuscarora Junior High, DDC upgrades, window replacements, roofing, electrical systems upgrades and the construction of security vestibules at all three buildings.
Reynolds also provided construction management and design engineering services for the East Juniata High School new industrial arts addition.
In 2017, Reynolds was hired to perform construction, energy, and commissioning/engineering services as part of a hybrid solution to consolidate eight schools to three. Reynolds secured a $1.2 million Multi-Modal Transportation Fund grant for the project.
Solutions: Construction Management | Energy | Commissioning & Engineering
Scope of Work:
- New Geothermal HVAC system (EJHS/JHS)
- Fuel switch from oil to propane (TJHS)
- Direct digital controls
- High-efficiency domestic hot water system
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Domestic water piping
- Upgraded electrical systems
- LED lighting upgrades (EJHS)
- Lighting controls (EJHS)
- Stage lighting system (EJHS)
- New windows and insulated panels
- Partial roof replacement & coating
- Emergency generator
- Security system and vestibule