What Is an Energy Audit?
An energy audit is a top-to-bottom look at energy use at your facility. Energy audits are customized to each clients’ needs, but typically involve:
- A review of your utility bills to determine utility and resource consumption on a month-to-month basis
- An on-site survey of your lighting systems to assess levels and effectiveness
- Inspection of MEP systems for efficiency and effectiveness of equipment
The data collected in an energy audit helps determine your overall level of efficiency and identifies opportunities for upgrades, retrofits and other improvements that can reduce your total usage leading to potential cost savings.
What Is a Feasibility Study?
While an energy audit looks for ways to make your property more efficient, an energy feasibility study provides in-depth insight into the actual process of implementation. Questions an energy conservation feasibility study seeks to answer may include:
- What technical and planning issues will this project involve?
- How much will it cost, and how soon will I see a return on my investment?
- How long will it take, and how disruptive will it be to my day-to-day operations?
- What opportunities and incentives are available to help fund the project?