Title: Director of Preconstruction Services
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posted: May 15, 2017
This newly created position will manage and lead the Preconstruction Services support team of 5-7 staff members. Reports to the Vice President of Preconstruction Services. Projects to include K-12, Higher Education, Airports, Prisons, Office Buildings, Hospitals, Hotels and other commercial projects ranging in size from $2M – 50M.
- Understanding of traditional preconstruction services for Construction Management work as required by various contract agreements; these will include budget control, estimating, value engineering, constructability review, front end documents, bidding, procurement and preconstruction schedule management.
- Manages staff to accomplish the preconstruction services to produce work product such as estimates and constructability reviews to meet contract requirements. Responsible for overall quality control.
- Manages the full service preconstruction team to include leadership, goal setting, assigning work, managing quality-work product, meetings, communications with team, and successful delivery of services.
- Communicates frequently with the Owner contact in Business Development presentations and as needed during execution of services.
- Expedites work with each staff member to know and advance each milestone during the preconstruction phase.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing building construction and estimating teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Solid knowledge of building systems, from past first-hand experience, the construction marketplace and associated costs
- Excellent background in building system knowledge to provide or manage conceptual estimating, and be able to evaluate building systems (foundations, structural, building envelope) and finishes for cost effectiveness
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency with computer applications including Timberline Estimating, Insite Earthwork Take-off, MEP takeoff systems, and Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Industry certifications preferred
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits, and dynamic work environment.
Submit cover letter and resume (listing types and size of projects) along with salary requirements.
Reynolds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.