Construction Management At-Risk
The construction management-at-risk (CMAR) delivery model has proven beneficial for a wide range of new builds and retrofitting projects. Compared to design-bid-build and other more traditional arrangements, CMAR can provide faster turnaround times, better cost control and improved overall transparency and communication.
In a construction management at-risk project, the builder acts as a consultant to the owner in the development and design phases and serves as the equivalent of a general contractor during the construction phase. This allows for greater input early on in the process — once construction begins, the CMAR firm is well aware of the project’s needs, timelines and technical details, as they have worked collaboratively with the Owner to understand project goals.
Benefits of Construction Management-at-Risk
With the construction management-at-risk model, project owners enjoy:
- Improved Control Over Outcomes: With CMAR, the builder provides valuable insight early on. This leads to more accurate estimates and less chance of a delay or cost overrun that can affect the success of the project.
- Fewer Hassles: A construction management-at-risk firm serves as an advocate throughout both the design and build processes, taking on much of the administrative and management responsibilities that would otherwise fall to the owner.
- Less Risk: Fewer parties associated with a project mean fewer opportunities for mistakes. As a result, CMAR lowers the risk of permitting errors and other costly problems.
- Improved Communication: A CMAR firm serves as the main point of contact and communication between the owner and the architect-engineer, ensuring transparency.
Many building owners prefer the construction management at-risk delivery method because it gives them the ability to fast-track construction and to receive the input of an experienced CMAR firm during the design process. However, to ensure projects are on-time and on-budget, organizations need to work with a partner that is capable of achieving desired outcomes.
Working With Reynolds
Reynolds has provided construction management services since 1994. We have a long history of working closely with clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region — our team will take the time to get to know your needs and customize our services accordingly.
We’ll commit to delivering your project within an established Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP). We will collaborate with your design team to establish a workable concept and a clear path to completion. If you haven’t selected an architect-engineer yet, we can recommend someone with the appropriate background and expertise.
Some of the things we can help with include:
- Budgeting/cost projection
- Cost estimating
- Scope reduction
- Cash flow analysis
- Value engineering
Who We Serve
Reynolds’ extensive experience encompasses many industries and sectors including higher education and K-12 school buildings, government offices, industrial and manufacturing facilities and more. Visit our portfolio to see some of the work we’ve done for clients in your field.
We have offices in Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and proudly serve clients throughout Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic region. If you’d like to learn more about the construction management-at-risk delivery model, contact us today.