Title: Construction Estimator
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posted: November 22, 2017
Due to continued growth, we have an opening for a Construction Estimator. Types of projects include K-12, Higher Education, Airports, Prisons, Office Buildings, Hospitals, Hotels and other commercial projects (General Construction and Design/Build) ranging in size from 2M – 50M.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Prepares quantity surveys and cost estimates for all architectural trades, which requires complete knowledge of material, labor, subcontrractor and equipment costs
- Works with designer-provided CADD files such as Revit and BIM (when available) to accomplish quantity surveys
- Works closely with in-house mechanical and electrical estimators
- Provides estimates of increasing level of detail based upon information provided in the time allowed; schematic, design development and construction documents
- Evaluates building systems (foundations, structural, building envelope) and finishes for cost effectiveness
- Provides Scope of Work descriptions for bidding for each prime contractor or subcontractor and participates in scope review meetings with contractors leading to successful contract agreement
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ building construction and estimating experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and first-hand experience of building materials, building systems, the construction marketplace and associated costs
- Knowledge of the local subcontracting community and vendors who supply building products
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and ability to prioritize
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Excel and Word; Timberline Estimating and Insite Earthwork Take-off
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits, and dynamic work environment.
Submit cover letter and resume including projects listing.
Reynolds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.