Title: Construction Estimator
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posted: May 3, 2017
Reynolds has an opening for a Construction Estimator to join our team working out of the Harrisburg, PA corporate office.
- Estimating for General Construction and Design/Build projects to include K-12, Higher Education, Airports, Prisons, Office Buildings, Hospitals, Hotels and other commercial projects ranging in size from 2M – 50M.
- Provides programmatic and conceptual estimating based upon early development project information; this may include early cost per square foot information on building size, student capacity, typical addition versus renovation construction costs.
- Prepares accurate scopes of work and budget numbers for all building trades. Works closely with in-house mechanical and electrical estimators.
- Provides estimates of increasing level of detail based upon information provided in the time allowed; schematic, design development and construction documents.
- Presents estimates to Owner and design team; explains all work and works with the team as necessary to revise to accommodate needed scope within Owner’s budget.
- Evaluates building systems (foundations, structural, building envelope) and finishes for cost effectiveness; identifies and presents alternatives to the project team.
- Provides Value Engineering / Life Cycle Cost Analysis and scope reduction options which will reduce overall project cost, and maintain the budget.
- Provides Scope of Work descriptions for bidding for each prime contractor or subcontractor; participate in scope review meetings with contractors leading to successful contract agreement.
- Minimum of 6 years’ building construction and estimating experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Extraordinary Cost Analysis skills required to be successful in this role
- Solid knowledge of building systems, from past first-hand experience, the construction marketplace and associated costs
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency with computer applications including Timberline Estimating, Insite Earthwork Take-off, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Industry certifications preferred
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits, and dynamic work environment.
Submit cover letter and resume (listing types and size of projects) along with salary requirements.
Reynolds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.