Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP) Design
Reynolds’ experienced team of multi-disciplined engineers can provide our clients in the education, commercial and healthcare industries with designs for new construction, renovation or system replacement project applications. Our design engineering, systems evaluation, and troubleshooting services are applied to the following new or aging systems:
- Mechanical: Mechanical design engineering involves developing and testing high-efficiency heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related systems. Other building components, such as escalators and elevators, may fall into this category, too. Reynolds can help you set performance benchmarks and develop complex, integrated systems that meet your operational requirements.
- Electrical: We provide electrical design engineering and commissioning for buildings of any size. Complex electrical systems must be thoroughly engineered and tested to ensure they meet performance and safety requirements. We offer full-service support to help you develop effective, efficient systems for any new or existing building.
- Plumbing: Our team includes experienced technicians who have the credentials to design and commission plumbing systems for all commercial facilities. Whether you are installing a plumbing system in a new property or upgrading your existing infrastructure to incorporate more efficient fixtures and appliances, we offer support and expertise you can count on every step of the way.
- Fire protection: Properly designed and commissioned fire protection systems are critical in commercial properties. Ensuring the success of a project requires engaging a fire protection design engineering expert early in the process to determine accurate requirements and develop an appropriate testing routine. Contact Reynolds to learn more about how we can help.
- Fire alarm systems: Fire alarm systems are typically engineered and tested separately from fire protection components, though both must work together to keep occupants safe. Reynolds can provide testing and engineering for all life safety systems, ensuring you meet building code and other regulatory requirements in your area.
- Telecommunications: As facilities become more connected, telecommunications are emerging as an important component of MEP design. We offer system engineering for new commercial properties in addition to retrofit assistance on older buildings. We can identify a building’s telecom needs and create cost-effective, efficient systems that integrate seamlessly with other MEP design elements.
Visit individual service pages to learn more about our MEP design capabilities. In addition to mechanical design engineering and commissioning, our other consulting services include:
- Code Review Compliance
- Energy Efficiency Evaluation
- Operating Cost Evaluation
- Heat loss/Heat Gain Analysis
- Systems Condition Analysis
- Energy Management and Building Automation
- Acoustics and Noise control
- Feasibility Studies
- Cost Estimating
- Project Management