Project Development Engineer
Reynolds has an opening for a Project Development Engineer to join our team working out of our Harrisburg, PA office. This position involves the development of energy efficiency and building renovation projects, and performs a wide variety of tasks including evaluating existing building conditions, developing energy efficiency measures and scopes of work, calculating energy savings and procuring pricing from contractors. The Project Development Engineer assembles final customer deliverable and contract documents and works directly with our business development team and customers to ensure a successful project.
What You Will Be Doing
- Performs building surveys, data collection, benchmarking, and utility analysis
- Performs takeoffs of existing building design plans and specifications
- Collects and analyzes data from existing control systems and deploys data loggers to assess building operating conditions
- Evaluates existing building conditions for appropriate energy efficiency measures for lighting, HVAC, plumbing, controls, building envelope and renewable energy systems
- Demonstrates creative and innovative approaches to implementing new technologies and alternative energy solutions
- Performs energy modeling and savings calculations, and presents savings estimates in a clear and understandable format.
- Supervises or manages tasks for junior engineers and reviews results
- Works with partners and consultants in specialty areas to define scopes of work and cost estimates in those areas
- Prepares design documents for bidding and pricing; solicits bids from trade subcontractors
- Supports business development in developing proposals and presentations, and participates in customer interviews
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with commercial building HVAC and controls systems and/or energy engineering
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate directly with customers and contractors
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Pennsylvania is preferred
- Strong presentation, technical report writing and team relationship skills
- Experience with energy audits and energy modeling is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills essential
- Travel is 25% (typically day travel)
Reynolds provides clients with cost-effective options to reduce energy usage and a level of construction expertise that’s unmatched in the industry. Our goal is to deliver the highest-quality project at the lowest possible cost. By combining our unique blend of low overhead with efficient and effective project delivery, we provide our clients with the highest value project possible.
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits and dynamic work environment. Check out what we do at www.reynoldssolutions.com
Submit resume and cover letter.
Reynolds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.