Title: Mechanical and Plumbing Estimator-Project Manager
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posted: November 22, 2017
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develops mechanical and plumbing systems estimates for commercial and institutional projects from the conceptual stage through final construction documents
- Develops quantities, system assemblies and costs
- Coordinates efforts with preconstruction manager and design engineers
- Reads and understands construction documents from an overall systems approach
- Reviews plans and specifications for completeness and constructability
- Creates scopes of work for mechanical and plumbing bid documents based on plans, specifications and project requirements
- Provides value engineering options and life cycle cost analysis on mechanical systems
- Assists on project sites with quality assurance and constructability issues, reviews change orders and mechanical and plumbing contractor performance
- Develops a pre-approved list of mechanical contractors throughout Pennsylvania and develops a relationship with key personnel in these organizations
What You Need:
- Minimum of 10 years’ estimating/project management experience on projects that have an estimated mechanical and plumbing value ranging from $1M to $30M+
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or a combination of technical training and/or related field experience
- Familiarity of systems required for Education, Healthcare, Institutional, and Office/Commercial projects
- Understands preliminary system design parameters for development of budgets at early stages of projects – Design/Build experience is a plus
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office systems and estimating software – Knowledge of MC2, Quote Soft Duct, Quote Soft Pipe, Accubid, and Timberline preferred
- Established relationships with mechanical and plumbing contractors and suppliers is a plus
- Effective organizational and analytical skills, excellent planning, communication and team skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize variety of tasks simultaneously
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits, and dynamic work environment.
Check out what we do at www.reynoldssolutions.com
Submit cover letter, resume including projects listing, and salary requirements.
Reynolds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.