Reynolds Energy Services has an opening for an Energy Engineer to join our team working out of our Harrisburg, PA office. This position primarily supports the development of energy efficiency projects and provides a wide variety of tasks including performing energy analysis, evaluating existing building conditions, developing energy efficiency measures, and calculating energy savings. The Energy Engineer also contributes to final customer deliverables and contract documents to ensure a successful project.
What You Will Be Doing
- Performs building surveys, data collection, benchmarking, and utility analysis
- Performs takeoffs of existing building design plans and specifications
- Collects and analyzes data from existing control systems and deploys data loggers to assess building operating conditions
- Evaluates existing building conditions for appropriate energy efficiency measures for lighting, HVAC, plumbing, controls, building envelope and renewable energy systems
- Demonstrates creative and innovative methods in developing new approaches to energy conservation and implementing new technologies and alternative energy solutions
- Works with partners and consultants in specialty areas to define scopes of work and cost estimates in those areas
- Performs energy modeling and savings calculations, and presents savings estimates in a clear and understandable format
- Supports business development in developing proposals and presentations, and participates in customer interviews
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of two years of experience in commercial building HVAC and controls systems and/or energy engineering
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate with goal to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) license when qualified
- Strong presentation, technical report writing and team relationship skills
- Experience with energy audits and energy modeling is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills essential
- Travel is 25% (typically day travel)
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits, and dynamic work environment. Reynolds supports continuing education and training toward achieving and maintaining professional certifications. We are a Best Places to Work in PA Company!
Submit letter of introduction with resume and salary requirements.
Reynolds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.