Reynolds has an opening for an Energy Engineer to join our team working out of our Harrisburg, PA office. This position primarily supports the development of energy efficiency projects and provides a wide variety of tasks including performing energy analysis, evaluating existing building conditions, developing energy efficiency measures, and calculating energy savings. The Energy Engineer contributes to final customer deliverables and contract documents to ensure a successful project.
What You Will Be Doing
- Performs building surveys, data collection, benchmarking, and utility analysis
- Performs takeoffs of existing building design plans and specifications
- Collects and analyzes data from existing control systems and deploys data loggers to assess building operating conditions
- Evaluates existing building conditions for appropriate energy efficiency measures for lighting, HVAC, plumbing, controls, building envelope and renewable energy systems
- Demonstrates creative and innovative methods in developing new approaches to energy conservation and implementing new technologies and alternative energy solutions
- Works with partners and consultants in specialty areas to define scopes of work and cost estimates in those areas
- Performs energy modeling and savings calculations, and presents savings estimates in a clear and understandable format
- Supports business development in developing proposals and presentations
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Zero to two years’ experience in commercial building HVAC and controls systems and/or energy engineering
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate with goal to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Strong presentation, technical report writing and team relationship skills
- Experience with energy audits and energy modeling is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills essential
- Travel is 25% (typically day travel)
Reynolds provides clients with cost-effective options to reduce energy usage and a level of construction expertise that’s unmatched in the industry. Our goal is to deliver the highest-quality project at the lowest possible cost. By combining our unique blend of low overhead with efficient and effective project delivery, we provide our clients with the highest value project possible.
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits and dynamic work environment. Check out what we do at www.reynoldssolutions.com
Submit resume and cover letter.
Reynolds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.