Pennsylvania State Capitol Complex
The Pennsylvania Department of General Services hired Reynolds to manage the extensive life safety code improvements to the entire Capitol Complex, including: electrical upgrades, fire protection system installation, ADA and BOCA code compliance, HVAC upgrades, plumbing upgrades, exterior waterproofing, historic window restoration, and more.
Through the course of this work major historic preservation and restoration was completed, including the House and Senate Chambers, Supreme Court Chambers, and all associated offices throughout the building.
In the winter of 2007, an ice storm damaged the roof of the Capitol Complex. Reynolds coordinated and scheduled the replacement of roof tiles, skylights, and renovations to the interior offices.
Also, Reynolds was contracted to perform preconstruction estimating, constructability reviews and design exploratory investigation services for the Capitol’s Peristyle repair project.
Capitol Complex Projects:
- Petry Building Retro-commissioning (internal link to Energy>Retro-commissioning)
- Life Safety Code Upgrades
- Make Safe Investigations
- Peristyle Roof Project
- Ryan Office Building Roof
- Rare Books Collection Library
- Central Plant Upgrades
- Main Substation
- East Wing Security System
- North Office Building
- South “Irvis” Office Building
Solutions: Construction | Commissioning & Engineering
- Earl Swensson & Associates
- Brinjac Engineering
- H2L2 Architects
- Perfido Weiskopf Architects/Graves Architects, Noble Preservation Services (Joint Venture)